Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN)
Nassau Suffolk Law Services received funding from the Community Service Society to join the Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN) in providing education, information, and advocacy regarding Long-Term Managed Care.
We are assisting participants in:
• NYS Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC)
• Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA)
• Health and Recovery Plan Program (HARP)
• Long-Term Support Services (LTSS) in Mainstream
Managed Care (MMC) Programs
• Persons transitioning into MLTC plans.
What we can do:
• Provide education to stakeholder groups
• Provide information and advice to participants, caregivers, and their advocates
• Provide navigational assistance and care coordination
• Provide advocacy and legal representation when needed.
This program is made possible in part thanks to the financial support from the Nassau Bar Foundation’s We Care Fund and the New York Bar Foundation.