DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Nassau Suffolk Law Services seeks a Deputy Director of Finance. NSLS is a statewide not-for-profit
law firm providing civil legal assistance to the poor with a $12 million budget and over 100
The Deputy Director will assist the Director of Finance in the following:
· Providing overall financial oversight and monitoring.
· Managing the day-to-day operations of the finance department including, cash resources,
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger.
· Assisting and maintaining an appropriate internal control environment
· Assisting in preparation of the annual budget.
· Preparing budgets for grant request, monitor expenses and ensure program compliance with grant reporting and other requirements.
· Participate in the annual external audit.
· Ensuring that relevant and timely financial date is presented to management and the Board.
· Supervising the accounting staff.
· Overseeing contracts, leases and other legal documents and agreements.
· Procuring managing and monitoring all program insurance policies including general liability, property, professional liability and workers compensation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Minimum BA in accounting, experience with non-profit accounting a plus.
· Previous experience with non-profit financial management and accounting.
· Certified public accountant or similar qualifications based on experience in financial reporting and accounting roles.
· Experience with QuickBooks or other similar accounting software.
· Experience with financial accounting audits.
· Strong computer skills including MS, Word, Excel.
· Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
Salary is based on experience
Start Date: Immediate
Persons interested should send a cover letter with their resume to:
Director of Finance
Nassau Suffolk Law Services
1757 Veterans Highway, Suite 50
Islandia, NY 11749 email@example.com
NASSAU SUFFOLK LAW SERVICES COMMITTEE, INC., IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR AND POPLE WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND LGBTQ ARE ENCOURGED TO APPLY.
All of our offices are now open to the public and accepting walk-ins.