HELP DESK SUPPORT – IN HOUSE
Overview: For more than 50 years, Nassau Suffolk Law Services (NSLS) has been providing free, high-quality legal counsel in civil matters when basic human needs are at stake including, eviction and foreclosure prevention, income maintenance, disability, elder law, healthcare, education, consumer fraud and more. As the only provider of comprehensive civil legal services on Long Island, our services support thousands of poor and low-income families and individuals who cannot afford an attorney. With the gap separating those who can and cannot afford legal representation widening each day, we work to ensure that everyone has equal access to justice, regardless of their ability to pay. NSLS has a staff of over hundred employees situated in three offices across Long Island.
Description: NSLS is looking to hire an IT Support tech to work with our Director of Office Administration and Information Technology to assist in providing support to staff on hardware, software, and network-related problems, answering end-user questions, and providing problem resolutions with users. Proven experience as a help desk technician. Knowledge of and tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, Active Directory, Azure, SharePoint, Exchange, Office365, phone systems, mobile devices, and any other IT-related software Responsibilities
· Serve as first point of contact for all employees seeking technical assistance (e.g., computer/IT issues) over the phone, email or other platforms with the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
· Experience in the set-up, configuration, and use of computer hardware, software, and networks.
· Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided.
· Walk the staff through the problem-solving process and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
· Record events and problems and their resolution in logs and follow-up and update supervisor of status and information
· Configure, deploy, and relocate desktops, laptops, printers, and any other related devices
· Operational understanding of virtual desktop environments, computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
· The ability to multi-task under pressure, while remaining self-motivated, willing to learn, always find the solution, stay organized and prioritize and meet deadlines
· The position will be located in the Hempstead office, but travel to all NSLS offices will be required.
START DATE: Immediate
SALARY: $ 48,000-$52,000 (DOE)
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability (100% of the premium covered by employer), 403b with defined contribution.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to:
Nassau Suffolk Law Services
1757 Veterans Highway, Suite 50
Islandia, New York 11749 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NASSAU/SUFFOLK LAW SERVICES COMMITTEE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND LGBTQ ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
All of our offices are now open to the public and accepting walk-ins.