POSITION: Nassau Suffolk Law Services seeks a Deputy Director of Finance. NSLS is a statewide not-for-profit law firm providing civil legal assistance to the poor with a $9.5 million budget and 90 staff.
• Providing overall financial oversight and monitoring.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the finance department including, cash resources, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger.
• Assisting and maintaining an appropriate internal control environment
• Assisting in preparation of the annual budget.
• Preparing budgets for grant requests, monitor expenses, and ensure program compliance with grant reporting and other requirements.
• Participate in the annual external audit
• Ensuring that relevant and timely financial data is presented to management and the Board.
• Supervising the accounting staff.
• Overseeing NSLS human resource functions including benefits administration, regulatory oversight, and legal compliance
• Overseeing contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
• Procuring managing and monitoring all program insurance policies including general liability, property, professional liability, and workers compensation.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Minimum BA in accounting, experience with non-profit accounting a plus.
• Previous experience with non-profit financial management and accounting.
• Certified public accountant. or similar qualifications based on experience in financial reporting and accounting roles.
• Experience with Quick Books or other similar accounting software.
• Experience with financial accounting audits
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
SALARY: Salary is based on experience
START DATE: Immediate
Persons interested should send a cover letter with their resume to:
Karen Corley, Director of Finance
1757 Veterans Hwy., Suite 50 Islandia, NY 11749
NASSAU/SUFFOLK LAW SERVICES COMMITTEE INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, AND LGBTQ ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.