How can I apply for Public Benefits?


Use this Online Pre Screening website to see if you qualify for any of the following benefits:

  • Help with buying food

  • Temporary Assistance (TA)

  • Special tax credits

  • Home Energy Assistance

  • Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)

  • Various Health Insurance programs for individuals, families, children, and sole proprietors

  • WIC - Women, Infants and Children

  • HIV Uninsured Care Program

  • A wide variety of services for older New Yorkers, including:

  • Health insurance information, counseling and assistance (HIICAP)

  • NY Connects-Information on long term care services and supports and assistance in linking to these services

  • Legal assistance

  • Nutritional services

  • Help with the purchase of prescription drugs


Suffolk County Department of Social Services

Riverhead Center

893 E. Main Street Riverhead, New York 11901-2542

Telephone: (631) 852-3500

Fax: (631)852-3505

Coram Center

80 Middle Country Road Coram, New York 11727

Telephone: (631) 854-2300

Fax: (631) 854-2123

Smithtown Center

200 Wireless Boulevard Hauppauge, New York 11788

Telephone: (631) 853-8714

Fax: (631) 853-8842

South West Center

2 South 2nd Street Deer Park, New York 11729

Telephone: (631) 854-6600

Fax: (631) 854-6672

MacArthur Center

3455 Veterans Memorial Highway Ronkonkoma, New York 11779

Nassau County Department of Social Services

60 Charles Lindbergh Boulevard, Uniondale, NY 11553-3656

General Information: 516-227-8519

After-Hours Services: 516-573-8626

Recent Posts

See All

Am I Eligible for WIC?

Pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 are eligible. They must meet income guidelines, a state resi

How do I apply for SNAP Benefits?

If you reside in Nassau County, go to the first floor of the Department of Social Services Building at 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Uniondale

Lump Sum Payments

A lump-sum payment is a one-time only payment such as an insurance settlement, a lawsuit settlement, an inheritance, lottery winnings, or re

This website is designed for general information only.  The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.