HOW YOU CAN HELP?
NASSAU COUNTY VOLUNTEER LAWYERS PROJECT
SUFFOLK COUNTY PRO BONO PROJECT
Nassau/Suffolk Law Services operates a nationally lauded pro bono program with the Bar Association of Nassau County and the Suffolk County Bar Association. Established in 1981, the program provides legal representation in civil cases for individuals meeting low-income guidelines.
Our joint programs, the Pro Bono Project in Suffolk and the Volunteer Lawyers Project in Nassau, have recruited hundreds of private attorneys who provide representation without charge. These projects have greatly expanded our capacity and have become models for other pro bono programs throughout the country.
HELP IS ESPECIALLY NEEDED IN:
WAYS TO HELP
Provide direct client representation
Be a mentor to other volunteers
Assist Project Staff with intake, case analysis, case referral, and recruitment of volunteer attorneys
Volunteer to work at the Nassau Suffolk Law Services (NSLS) office providing assistance to clients in several areas of civil law
Wills, Trusts & Estates
Matrimonial & Family Law
THE COLLATERAL REWARDS
* Volunteer Recognition Reception
* Student interns available to assist
* Access to legal resource materials
* Free expert consultation and mentoring
* Networking opportunities with colleagues
* Eligibility for Pro Bono Attorney of the Month Awards
* Free professional liability insurance covering pro bono cases
* Discount or free CLE Programs at Nassau and Suffolk Bar Associations