Angels for Warriors

Angels for Warriors:  A non-profit agency assisting veterans.

164 Main Street, Huntington, NY  11743

Phone:  (631) 651-5471

Child Support Enforcement Bureau (CSEB)

CSEB may be able to assist custodial and non-custodial parents in establishing paternity and establishing, adjusting, modifying, and enforcing child support orders/petitions. Additionally, they monitor collection and disbursement of child support payments. Families who have applied for, or who are receiving, Public Assistance (PA) under Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) are automatically referred to this service. Any petitions for support for minor children where the other party (respondent) resides out of state must be filed at CSEB. The Suffolk County website contains materials and information about child support for custodial and non-custodial parents. 

Phone #: (888) 208-4485 (Child Support Helpline English and Spanish)

New Intakes (caller does not have a Child Support Order) (631) 854-3281

Address: 3455 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Forms

Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Forms:  The New York State court system’s website has a link for DIY forms. Individuals can answer questions online and the child support petition for modification or enforcement will be created. It can then be saved, printed, and filed with the court.   

The Suffolk County Courts in Central Islip have two computer terminals containing the NYS Do-It-Yourself court forms drafting program set up immediately to the right of the General Clerk's Office. In the morning hours, a liaison is present to help people work with the computer program. The court papers are printed and filed immediately. Litigants are given the Affidavit of Service form and written service instructions.

EAC Network

The EAC Network provides low-income non-custodial parents with FREE services, seminars, workshops, & events focused on:

  • Job Skills Training, Searching & Placement

  • Promoting Parent/Child Connectedness

  • Understanding Your Child Support Order


Phone:    (631)648-7100 x.217

Address: 80 Wheeler Road, Central Islip, NY 11722

Empire Justice Center

Empire Justice Center:  Attorneys at the Empire Justice Center may be able to assist disabled parents (custodial and non-custodial) in Family Court. The Empire Justice Center website contains materials and information on child support. 


LawHelpNY:  A website that provides legal information to those who cannot afford an attorney. Individuals can find answers to frequently asked questions and links to other resources. Use the “Get Legal Info” tab, select “Juvenile and Family” scroll down to “Child Support”, and enter your zip code. View the tabs>“Know Your Rights”,> “Going to Court”, or “Find a Lawyer”.

Legal Aid Society

The Legal Aid Society provides counsel in Family Court matters to persons who, in the opinion of the Court, are financially unable to afford private counsel. The Family Court Division represents adults in family offense cases, visitation, foster care, child abuse, paternity, adoptions, violation petitions, and related matters.


Phone #: (631) 853-4343

Address: Family Court - 400 Carleton Avenue, 4th Floor, Central Islip, NY 11722  

Library Resources for the Public Program

Library Resources for the Public Program:  The library in the Supreme Court courthouse can give general information about court rules and procedures and can provide litigants with many different court forms. Call to schedule an appointment.


Phone #:  (631) 853-6064

Address:  Supreme Court, 4th floor Library, 400 Carlton Avenue, Central Islip, NY  11722

Probation Intake Department

The Probation Intake Department: A parent can go to the Probation Intake Department to file petitions for child support. This applies to non-custodial parents seeking modifications and to custodial parents seeking orders directly payable to themselves. The Family Court Division of Probation can also assist with petitions for custody, visitation, and paternity.


The Probation Unit will also help non-custodial parents complete a downward modification petition over the phone. When they call, the client’s should have the present support order in hand, along with the CP’s address, and be ready to explain what their change of circumstance. Probation will then draft the petition and send it to the client, for the client to then sign and bring to court for filing. 


Phone:    (631) 852-1939 (Riverhead)

(631) 853-4246 (Central Islip)

Self-Help Child Support Project at NSLS

Volunteers staff the Self-Help Child Support Project at NSLS. Attorneys, law student interns, and law graduates screen callers for eligibility. The Self-Help Project assists custodial parents and disabled non-custodial parents in Suffolk County. Volunteers can assist pro se litigants by educating them on the child support process, providing advice, and providing referrals. In-court representation is NOT provided with this project. 


Phone:  (631) 822-3279

Address:  1757 Veterans Highway, Suite 50, Islandia, NY  11749

Suffolk County Bar Association:

Suffolk County Bar Association: The Suffolk County Bar Association is one of the largest bar associations in the State. It maintains a lawyer referral service for private attorneys.


Phone #: (631) 234-5511

Address: 560 Wheeler Road, Hauppauge, NY 11788-4357

Touro Family Law Clinic

Touro Family Law Clinic: upper-level law students, working under the close supervision of experienced attorneys, provide full representation to custodial parents (at no charge). Court representation is limited to cases in Family Court in Central Islip.  Clinic staff members meet with potential clients by appointment only.


Phone #: (631) 761-7080

Address: Touro Law Center, 225 Eastview Drive, Central Islip, NY 11722

Please reload

The information contained in this material is not legal advice. Legal advice depends upon the specific facts of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state to state, so that some information from our website may not be correct for your jurisdiction. Finally, this information is not guaranteed to be up to date. The material contained on this site cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your state.

This website is designed for general information only.  The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.